As we all do each year, I’ve made my top 10 list of New Year’s Resolutions. I’m hoping that posting them online for all to see will help me keep to them for fear of public humiliation otherwise. So here goes:
1. As cliche as it sounds my number one resolution is to eat healthier and exercise
more. My husband so lovingly stuffed my stocking this year with the P90X disks and I have no excuse not to start them. Okay, I did ask for them – even after he offered to get me a million other things this year – but still somehow it was disappointing to actually find it there in my stocking. But this New Year marks the one year anniversary where my extra poundage can no longer officially be excused as baby fat. In fact, we brought Matthew home from the hospital exactly one year ago on New Years Eve. So no more excuses. (please insert motivational comments below) Of course, this also means eating and cooking healthier not just for myself but for my family as well. All recipe suggestions are welcome as comments!
2. More reading, less television. For the whole family.
3. I will at some point in 2011 have organized closets. I started this past weekend with Jake’s closet and my goal is to tackle one closet per month for the year including the toy closet, the linen closet and the arts and crafts closet. Suggestions for easy organizing tips are welcome.
4. I will not try cheesy new gimmicks on my blog like making it fake snow. Ooops – too late.
5. I will try harder to like red wine. It might take lots of practice.
6. I will finish the scrapbook I started. I left off at Jake’s first haircut….
7. I will say no. I will no longer over-commit myself which last month resulted in baking gingerbread men until 2 AM because “it’ll be a snap” to whip them up for the school holiday party. (partially because I procrastinated baking them until the night before)
8. I will no longer procrastinate important projects. Please note: closet organization and scrapbooking are not classified as important.
9. We will volunteer as a family together at a soup kitchen.
10. I will get my vegetable garden to actually grow this summer.
So, there you have it – my New Year’s Resolutions for 2011. What are yours?